Sacred Heart School, located in Saratoga, in the Diocese of San Jose, was established in 1956. The construction of the scho0l in 1956 was an ambitious undertaking of the young parish consisting of 424 families. Under Father Gerald Geary's leadership as pastor, the parishioners gave top priority to the establishement of a parish school. Archbishop John J. Mitty of the Archdiocese of San Francisco approved the building contract on December 3, 1956. The Ladies' Guild and the Mens' Club, along with the strong financial support of the parishioners, raised sufficient money to complete the eight-room building by September 5, 1957, the opening day of school.
On that day, Father Geary and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur welcomed 144 children in grades one, two, and three. Each year, additional grades were added to complete a full eight grade school. A library was constructed to meet the needs of the expanding school population.
Having a school in the parish made a difference. Students and parents became involved in all aspects of parish life. The building was made available for the parish catechetical ministry classes which were conducted by the Sisters of Notre Dame and additional lay staff. An addition was constructed in 1963 to house a science room and other needed classrooms. A kindergarten program was started in 1975.
The Sisters of Notre Dame completed their service to the Sacred Heart Parish community in the year 2000. The chapel in the Parish Center was dedicated in 2001 in honor of St. Julie Billiart, in gratitude to the years of dedication by the Sisters of Notre Dame to Sacred Heart.