K–8 Classes Overview
Students develop a commitment to and a love of their faith by:
- being an active member of the church community
- acquiring knowledge of Scripture and doctrine
- making decisions based on moral values
- exhibiting Christian behavior
Sacred Heart School is a community of learning whose students open their minds to reach their full intellectual potential and strive to become life-long learners.
Students develop a love of learning and an openness to new ideas by:
- exhibiting intellectual curiosity and creativity
- displaying self-motivation and self-confidence
- thinking critically and independently
- applying learned skills to daily living
Sacred Heart School is a community of service whose students are committed to showing compassion, justice, and generosity to others.
Students develop an understanding of God's call to service by:
- relating well with individuals, working toward a common goal
- becoming an informed citizen and active participant in society
- accepting the difference of others
We offer a rigorous core curriculum with emphasis on religion, reading, language arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
Sacred Heart School is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association and Western Association of Schools & Colleges. A review was completed in 2004 and we were given a glowing report, as well as the maximum renewal of our accreditaion--until 2010. In the list of the school’s strengths, the report stated “Sacred Heart’s curriculum is challenging, comprehensive and relevant.”
We are proud to say that our students are accepted into the Catholic High Schools of their choice and that they are very well prepared when they get there.